Monday, November 1, 2010

Steam Powered Backpack

For this year's Halloween costumes, we decided to go as "Steampunk".


Always up for a challenge, I figured I could actually make "steam" as part of my costume.


So, below is a few pics of my steam powered backpack. You can see all of our Steampunk costume pics here.






Here's a few pictures of the the steam backpack under construction - and yes, it made "steam". There is a cheap Canadian Tire fog machine in the upper part of the backpack, a large inverter bolted to the top, and then a battery booster pack in the bottom half of the backpack (the black "boiler/fuel tank" part of the back). And yes, it is heavy - but its oh so cool to have a steaming Halloween costume.

Special thanks to my bros for all the goggles and other paraphernalia.

No comments: